Attack on Titan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Role Play based on the anime Attack On Titan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is currently dead. Revival depends on the main admins, who are currently completely out of reach. - William
Account Switch
Switch Accounts

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm
Short Story
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by Titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest Titans. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a Titan in over 100 years. Until that day.....
Click pictureaot
Manga
Here are some helpful links if you want to read the manga.
Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) Attack10
Live Action Movie 2015-08

Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) Empty
PostSubject: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:29 am

Ryoga's friends left the training grounds so he decided to train today."All my friends left.Well I saw it coming,they were really timid.Oh well,I'll make new friends while I train."Ryoga said while heading for the training field.He sliced through two dummies perfectly then the following cuts weren't as deep." I have to train more.Those first cuts were good but I need to make more of them."After saying this,Ryoga returned to training for now.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Connor was having a particularly lonesome day. Ever since Cora left the military, he's had little to distract him from his restlessness, his insatiable will to improve. Granted there was nothing wrong with such a thing, except that it often involves Connor pushing himself beyond his limits until he either injures or exhausts himself.

Today was one of those days, cutting down dummies one by one, using his natural weight to adjust his angle mid swing if the dummy was rotated. He definitely had the stamina and endurance to back up his strength and agility.

And for him, that wasn't enough.

He stopped on a branch to catch his breath, putting a knee down to keep balance. He was drenched in sweat and breathing in rasps, staring ahead at another dummy that had been given a few shallow cuts.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 1:10 am

Ryoga had seen the dummies being cut down one by one,wishing he had been that strong,he decided to ask him for advice."Wow!You're really strong,cutting them perfectly,one after another it's AMAZING!Can you help me train?I can't be that strong alone."Ryoga said with a new hope in his eyes."WHoops!I forgot to mention my name is Ryoga it's my second year here!."He was so excited he couldn't even contain it.He believes that with his help he can reach a new level of strength to defeat titans.He was excited until he saw his eyes."I can tell you have seen true fear and regret...I was there too.I may seem jolly but it's just a front...I feel so much regret.I couldn't save my family.I lost my home.I lost my friends.I was helpless against the titans.I want...NO!I NEED to be stronger!"He bursted into tears with sadness and anger.He felt so relieved to stop hiding how he really feels.After this he sat next to him on the branch.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:52 am

He could hear another trainee coming towards him. Oh what would the mockery be today? 'Hey Connor, you know these are just dummies right? What did those dummies ever do to you?' 'Hey Graham, what did you injure this time?' 'Hey Jarhead, getting a headache from hauling that huge head around already?'

He expected it to be anything but a genuine admission of admiration, especially from a trainee he's never met before. He stared at him, somewhat confused, yet was already intrigued by his attitude about titan slaying though hearing the boy's life story kind of put him off a bit since they just met. "Don't expect much pity from me, Ryoga..." He began after wiping his brow. "...if we're going to be soldiers, we need to learn how to put our grief aside, not coddle it."

He looked at him and nodded. "But if it's the strength to kill Titans you seek, I don't mind sharing what I know. Under one condition...." He looked intensely into Ryoga's eyes, as though his glare would pierce into his very soul. "That you will actually use these skills to fight the Titans. Not to protect the fat cats with the Military Police, not to waste away as a drunk among the Garrison, but to fight for Humanity as a Scout. It's your final choice to make, ultimately, but I need your promise." He rose a hand out to shake Ryoga's, to see if he will confirm the deal.

Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 2:26 pm

Hearing this Ryoga wiped his tears and said."That was my plan from the start.I will do anything to save mankind!You have my word.I will kill the titans!" He shook his hand firmly."Let's start." Ryoga said with an intense stare of ferocity as he prepared himself to train.Now he awaits his training to begin.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:48 pm

Connor returned the handshake firmly and nodded, keeping his expression neutral. "Good...you have spirit."

He stood up and looked around, thinking of where to begin. He never really saw himself as a teacher, and never imagined trainees clamoring to him for advice. "Let me see you in action...start practicing on the dummies as you usually would. I will be watching closely." He probably would have seen what Ryoga was like when the training exercise first began but Connor never really picked him out among the blur of trainees around him. "And catch your breath before you begin, if you wish."
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 8:43 pm

Ryoga readied himself.One deep breath then a quick adjustment of his gear."Ready."He started quickly.With an intense focus,he thought out a strategy.He found a way to slash deeper without wasting to much strength.He had a good balance between his speed,strength and intellect but he was still weak.His cuts were deep and almost perfect until the sixth dummy.After the fifth his cuts started getting weaker and he became slower.His stamina isn't that great so he loses energy quickly.He had tried to catch his breath in between dummies but to no avail.By the time he finished,he was sweating and out of breath.He was exhausted after pushing his body to its limit."I'm (sigh) finished."He said as he sat on the branch once again.After a minute or two,he regained his breath and felt better."What's next?"He asks.Now he awaits his response.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:12 pm

Connor watched the boy do his work, and was honestly surprised he hadn't noticed him before. A boy barely old enough to grow his first chin hairs and he was landing deep blows to the dummies with textbook efficiency . As he watched, he honestly saw little to no weakness in which he could help strengthen, finding Ryoga to be a well rounded fighter. Finally, he saw a flaw to iron out, the boy exhausting himself quickly and his strikes thinning.

He landed beside Ryoga and sat in a crouch. "You definitely fight with function. This is good, function should always come first. However, no matter how strong or fast you become, it will mean nothing if you don't have the energy to apply it. So for today, I suggest we focus on Endurance Training." He waited for Ryoga's response, watching him to make sure he was digesting everything Connor was trying to tell him, and not going through one ear and out the other.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Ryoga had listened carefully and nodded.He had learned about his weakness and decided to train hard until he remembered something."I forgot to ask.What is your name?"He asked innocently.He wiped his sweat then awaited his reply.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:05 pm

"Graham." Connor answered promptly. "Connor Graham." He sat for a moment, letting Ryoga rest if he needed to...and he would definitely need to. Endurance training in all forms requires one to push limits. "Some trainees call me 'Jarhead' when they think they're being cute. They're not...and they end up regretting it when they meet me in unarmed training."
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:11 pm

"Nice to meet you Connor."Ryoga said,happy to make a new friend."I have to rest awhile if that's ok." After about 20 minutes of chatting and resting Ryoga stood up."Well I'm rested and ready to go!What's next Connor?"He said happily as he prepares for another round of training.

Last edited by Vulcanork on Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 10:18 pm

//OOC: Remember to stick to the five sentence minimum. Also instead of completely skipping a 20 minute time gap, let them spend the resting time to get to know one another, develop our character's relationship as friends rather than just mentor/student. :) //OOC
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 11:01 pm

"Why do they call you jarhead anyway?"Ryoga asked,trying to be as polite as possible."And I have to ask,were you in the shiganshina district?"Ryoga was curious about the life of his new friend.Ryoga stared at Connor with his innocent curiosity as he awaits Connor's response.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 8:51 am

Connor rose a brow at the first question. "You mean, you haven't noticed?" He knocked on his head lightly to emphasize his most outstanding feature. "I have a big head."

The second question Connor started rubbing his rough hands together a bit, as though if he wondered whether or not to answer it. "Not in Shaganshina, no...but I was outside Wall Maria when the Titans came...since we were far from the cities, we didn't get the warnings in time. We were ambushed, and lost our leader." He didn't seem to mention the name of the group he is talking about being with when he was attacked.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 2:51 pm

"Wow,I had no idea I'm sorry.Being attacked out of nowhere.But at least you survived."Ryoga said trying to be optimistic."Anyway,why would they tease you?You're a strong fighter and a good person."Ryoga said innocently.He feels like he's ready for training now but he awaits Connor's reply.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 6:51 pm

He nodded. "It was my captain's last wish...to survive long enough to fight back."

He smirked a bit at the second question. "Because they are afraid of me...which is good, that's the vibe I was going for. I'd rather be the outcast with a few honest friends than be the socialite that chooses to surround themselves with potential backstabbers."

He looked at Ryoga and nodded. "In fact, you are one of two trainees to actually say anything optimistic about me, and the first one left the military."
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyFri Jul 24, 2015 11:37 pm

"Well I promised to join the scouts and I will.Oh and you've found a friend in me."Ryoga said with a smile."Well let's get started!"Ryoga said happily.He fixed his gear and was ready to go.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Connor looked at Ryoga, somewhat envious of his youthful optimism. He had to clench his jaw to keep himself from smiling. He cleared his throat and stood at attention "Alright...normally, endurance exercises consist of running or jogging, and become more effective as the sprinting grounds become more inclined. So for today, we're doing wall walking. These trees will be our walls for now. Watch what I do and listen carefully." He got to the ground and aimed both of his 3DMG hooks as high up the tree as he could before beginning to walk up the tree, keeping his feet firmly pressed against the bark.
"Keep your reeling mechanism on neutral, so that it will carry you but not pick you up." he walked up the tree at a steady pace, starting to breathe heavily about halfway up but keeping the pace consistent until he reached the top and grabbed the branch. "Whew...alright...now the trick with this is that the slower you go, the harder it becomes. This is because the lack of momentum causes your weight to pull you down harder. So for now, do what I just did but do it as fast as you can and see how high up you can get without stopping or slipping."
Back to top Go down
Arlania
Admin
Arlania

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Stationary Guard

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 7:17 pm

The soft wind whistled as it came through the small crack of her window. Her hair gently brushed against her face as she stared out into the city. This was Kora's normal station, within the city of Stohess, well normal for the past 6 months.
Unfortunately, this was also a popular station for Military Police Regiments.
She felt like she was not even needed here. The Military Police sure had everything handled, and Kora would give anything to get out of Stohess again. The corrupt behavior of the superior officers within the Military Police made her grit her teeth. By the end of a normal day, her jaw hurt as if she took a punch directly.

With the early morning sun rising, she pulled the ends of her hair together, fastened them tightly, and donned her uniform.
The normal Stationary Guard outfit, plus her own flare of black and red finger-less gloves. She would be caught dead without them. She felt they complemented the emblem she now had fashioned to her jacket.

Kora sighed heavily as she closed her door behind her, stepping out  from the Guard Barracks. Kora traveled close to the gate, where Captain Meist stationed his tent. Here he gave commands concerning local problems, but with the Military Police here, its been a dreary couple of months and Kora refused to buy time with drinking and gambling like the rest of her comrades did.

After entering the tent, Captain Meist's head rose abrubtly as she stood there in salute. "Ah, Koralee. It's good that you are here, I have something a bit different for you today."

Kora's eyes widened a bit, but her mouth stayed closed as she waited for him to continue. Gate duty today, was someone sick? 'Sick of all the booze..'

Captain Meist reached for a stack of folded papers that were bundled and tied together. Ah, she was playing messenger today. How fun. Kora instantly became curious as to if she would get to punch anyone today.

"Before you get ahead of yourself Koralee, Yes, i need you to deliver these papers. But no, not here in Stohess. I need you to travel inward to the capital. To the Training Corps. That is the filed details of sign ups for the new Regiments."

Kora smiled on the inside as she calmly replied, " Can i inquire as to why me? Why not a Military Police, who's job it is to be in the inner walls?"Though she knew her comment might get her in trouble, she couldn't hold her tongue back as they came out to fast.

Captain Meist just smiled and huffed softly, " Don't be Prude, they are all busy at the moment. Or would you rather i gave you something else to do and had a different Rookie take these for me?"

Kora grinned, and readjusted her Salute, bowing slightly with a click of her heels. She reached out for the papers which she placed inside her jacket immediately.    
Leaving the tent, Kora knew today would be a life changing day.

She left on a barge inland where she retrieved a horse from the capital stables to reach the Training Grounds which rested at least 23 miles west of the capital city.

It took a bit for her to reach the Training grounds, but when she did, she had to find the Corporal. Unfortunately, after gathering enough information, she found him to be on the outskirt forests, grading and looking at performances of Trainees.

Giving him a firm salute she handed him the papers, " For you Sir."
The Corporal nodded and proceeded to go back to his own, and Kora turned around. She didn't want to go back quite yet. And her head was swimming with memories of her own training.

Kora glanced out to see two men among the tree tops, practicing their cuts against the dummy titans. Her eyes fell to the one that dashed back and forth among the dummies, cutting and slicing. His cuts were deep, but they were not all consistent.
Koralee silently kept staring at his practicing as she walked closer. Eager to use her own 3D Manuever Gear, as it had been months.  
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 10:57 pm

Ryoga stopped for awhile to catch his breath.He adjusted his gear to the needed adjustment and started.He dashed up quickly until a third of the tree.He had slowed down severely but still kept going."AARGH!"Ryoga said forcing himself up.By 2/3 he was exhausted but was determined to finish.By the time he finished he was relieved."Done!"He said happily as he lied down on the tree top.He was about to sleep until something caught his eye,a stationary guard zooming towards him."What's a stationary guard doing here?Is she heading towards me?"Ryoga said curiously thinking about what he would do.He decided to stand and salute so he did.Now he's just standing and waiting for her to arrive.

Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 10:10 am

//OOC: I didn't even think about it, would this count as Connor and Koralee's first meeting or in Skulls and Fists? OOC://
Back to top Go down
Arlania
Admin
Arlania

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 12:19 pm

Most likely in this topic, however we don't have to get into to much detail about each other.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptySun Jul 26, 2015 3:04 pm

//OOC:Think I'll have Connor kind of vanish in the background for now. OOC://

Connor stayed at Ryoga's side and kept coaching him. He honestly expected the young cadet to collapse before he even made it halfway up but the boy's spirit was astounding. "Nicely done, Ryoga...nicely done. I think you will be just fine in the scouts. Just don't get sleepy eyed on me yet." He blinked and turned to look where he was looking but was interrupted by a very firm voice calling his name. "GRAHAM, KIRIGAYA, FRONT AND CENTER!!!"

Connor looked down the other way to see the ever terrifying face of the instructor glaring daggers at him. Connor swooped down like a praying bat and stood at attention in salute. "Sir!" The Instructor got into his face. "What do you think you are doing right now, Cadet Graham??" Connor answered promptly, his composure not wavering in the slightest bit. "Sir! I was helping Ryoga with Endurance training, Sir!"

The Instructor's barking didn't relent. "You are here under my Regime, cadet, and until you have the free time for extra credit you will stick with the program, you got that? I wanted you both cutting the dummies napes like your life depends on it!" He then turned to Ryoga. "And Cadet Kirigaya, if your intent is to focus on your endurance, maybe you can join your friend for fifty laps around the course after class!" Before Ryoga could answer, the instructor turned. "Dismissed!"

Connor went at ease with a sigh, looking at Ryoga from the corner of his eyes. "We'll continue this later..." He flew off in frustration, vanishing into the forest's canopy, not even thinking about the complete stranger from the garrison that had appeared.
Back to top Go down
Vulcanork

Vulcanork

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 2:26 am

"Did he really have to do that?I mean we're here for training anyway.He trains while I train so I don't see the problem."Ryoga was mad and disappointed."One more go I guess."Ryoga said as he continued training.After an hour he finished again and saw that girl again."Hey,what's a member of the garrison doing here?"Ryoga shouted,having nothing else to do and he was curious as well.
Back to top Go down
Arlania
Admin
Arlania

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) EmptyMon Jul 27, 2015 11:15 am

The memories this place brought flashed in front of her like a tidal wave. Friends she made, friends she didn't make, and the pressure of never being good enough.
Looking up into the tall trees in which they perfected the use of their 3d Manuever Gear she could spot a few cadets swinging way into the trees.

Her eyes followed their movements, ' Quite a talented group this class...' she thought as she stared at their abilities. She wondered how it compared to her own.

Before she knew it, a voice brought her back to reality. A shouting voice, and Koralee looked up to see a younger man glaring down at her. She sensed no anger in his tone, but more curious like.
She snickered, " Slacking off..."

Rather unsure of how he would react to her response she kept an eye on him. In truth she wasn't avoiding her duties, just avoiding the city. Well, THAT particular city.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)   Fights and Friends (open to trainees only) Empty

Back to top Go down

Fights and Friends (open to trainees only)
Page 1 of 1