Attack on Titan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Role Play based on the anime Attack On Titan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is currently dead. Revival depends on the main admins, who are currently completely out of reach. - William
Account Switch
Switch Accounts

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm
Short Story
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by Titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest Titans. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a Titan in over 100 years. Until that day.....
Click pictureaot
Manga
Here are some helpful links if you want to read the manga.
Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) Attack10
Live Action Movie 2015-08

Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Scouting Legion

Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) Empty
PostSubject: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:33 am

Nedlay. Forest training ground. Training of the 105th Trainee Squad.

Auth climbed quickly up to the tree platforms, then started jumping from one another until he reached the instructor. Said instructor gave him a quick confused look, then changed his sight back to the trainees zipping along the trees.

"What's it?" he asked.

"Came to talk to a girl, Cora Wolf, she's named" Auth answered. "I think she is in your class...?"

"Aye, that's about right. Should I call for her?"

Auth watched at the trainees, until he spotted Cora. "No, it's nothing urgent. I'll wait until the training is over."

He looked at the zipping young men and women in front of him. Most of them weren't half bad, actually. He'd certainly hate to interrupt them from training. After all, he looked at the next generation of titan slayers.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:43 am

Around the people Cora was known as the suicidal one, her actions with her 3DMG seemed suicidal but Cora had no intend to die in training.
She grappeled herself to a tree and swirrled around the tree a few times until she catapulted herself into the air at the highest point she changed her direction and flew through the forest. She made a perfect cut into the titan dummy's neck and landed safely on the ground. It seemed like a good day for Cora until now, 15 titan dummies had lost their neck and now she was the ahead from the others.

Can I open my eyes now?

We share the same so...but why?
Because you are one suicidal idiot! You could have killed us all!
No...I'm still here.
Oh shut up you know-it-all.

Cora tilted her head to the left until it made a huge crack and both of them were silent again, she then used her 3DMG to slowly get back to the others.
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu May 28, 2015 2:53 am

Auth saw Cora crazily use her 3DMG. "Bold, that one" he told the instructor.

"Her? Wouldn't be surprised if she died one of these days. But she's pretty good."

That was true, Auth guessed. It wouldn't have been excluded for the hook to miss or simply not perforate the tree bark, and for Cora to fall to her death. Still, he somehow got the impression that even then, she would just re-hook on another tree.

"I've been wondering about these dummies... Is there really no better way to simulate titans? Like, have two flailing bags of sand around them, to simulate the hands, or something."

The instructor remained silent. It was true the end of the day was nearing, but Auth also felt like he didn't answer because he had no answer. Or rather, that answer was unsatisfying: the military had no money to give for this training. Which was true, and one of the things Auth despised the most about the whole system.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu May 28, 2015 3:07 am

Cora made a salto and landed infront of one of the instructors.
"Go back to the others!", he said mildly annoyed.
She saluted and went to the back.
"For today your training is over, see you tomorrow.", everyone saluted and said in an unison, "Yes, Sir!", and he went away.
A girl looked disparaging at Cora.
"Why do you always have to be like that in training?"
Cora's answer was simple, she smiled with a frightening look in her eyes and said camly, "Because I'm mad, that's why!"
The girl went a few steps back. Then the other instructor (instructor one) came down and shouted.
"Wolf! Come here, now!", Cora turned around and ran to the instructor.
"Yes, Sir?"
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu May 28, 2015 3:14 am

The instructor moved his hand backwards, using the thumb to point at Auth.

"That one want to talk to you." the instructor looked towards Auth. "Now, if you've no more business, I'll leave"

Auth watched him leave, then turned to Cora. "Hello there. I believe it's been a while since we last met." He smirked at her. "So, are wooden titans worthy opponents? Ever met the real deal?" This was
pretty blunt, but sometimes being blunt was the best way to get an answer. Still, before seeing her start to talk, he walked away, gesturing her to follow.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu May 28, 2015 3:19 am

Cora followed him. "I think these are pretty boring exercises, that's why I do some of this 'suicidal' stuff!", she stretched her arms, "Once, I nearly killed an abberrant but my cut was too shallow.", she grinned but it disappeared from her face really quick," And I was there when the giant titan appeared."
"So...Why are you here?"
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu May 28, 2015 3:26 am

Almost killed an aberrant...? This girl was though. Auth certainly knew how hard it was to bring aberrants down, since all he killed were those. She might be a pretty good Survey Corp, when her time will come.

"Oh, that. " Auth ceased his smirk for a second, just enough for her to see it, then put it back on. Hopefully, this was going to make Cora think he treated this more seriously than he let show. Too bad it was only half-true. "I've received some interesting propositions form some interesting people." He now fully grinned, as he saw from Cora's expression she fully knew what he meant by that.

"It's mostly going to be things like guard duty or fetching stuff. And by 'fetching', you know what I mean. Maybe some assassinations too, if we're lucky." He took a pause. "I know from... let's call them 'sources'... you've done this sort of stuff before. I figured you might be interested."
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu May 28, 2015 3:44 am

Cora stopped walking and her eyes narrowed slightly, how did he find out about that? Did he really have 'sources' or did he figure it by himself after he found out about Nec and Vex? Cora was slightly nervous but she didn't show it.

She went closer and whispered: "If you tell anyone, I swear I will hunt you down and make you die as slow as possible!", her voice changed constantly between those of Cora, Nec and Vex, sounding like it wasn't one from a real human.

She backed up, looked at him for a second and crossed her arms, "How would you explain this to my instructors?", she asked, "And...you are the offspring of a wealthy family, why would you want to take part in something like this?", Cora asked both of the questions solely for the porpuse of skipping time. She needed it to think.
"Count me in...but I don't think it will be so 'nice' for you."
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:01 am

Auth chuckled at her. Well, he should have expected the angry reaction at him uncovering her past.

"Okay, first, trust me on the fact I have nothing to gain from sharing your secret with anyone. It's safe enough with me." He looked a bit around, then continued. "Secondly, I actually don't know too much myself. Only the sole fact you worked in some shady stuff."

He looked at her, and saw the fact she was thinking. He probably could entirely skip answering her questions now, and she wouldn't realize. Still, that would have been ill-manners.

"Now, about the instructors: rest at ease. Nothing we'll do will be a long-term job, and it'll usually only take a night. And I know you're stealthy enough to not be seen leaving. As for me..." He stopped. This was important to think through before answering: should he use his already-prepared lie, refuse to answer, or just tell the truth? "Actually... it's revenge. And this is a step towards it. That's all you should know, apart from the fact that I won't be the one falling behind."

With that, Auth left, leaving a darkened piece of paper on the ground. On it, with white letters, so that it could easily be read at night, were written two things: A place, and an hour. More exactly, about one hundred metres from the black market's entrance and 10:30 Pm. She knew what to make of it, and she knew how to be prepared. That was the strong point in working with persons used to the stuff.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyFri May 29, 2015 3:20 am

Cora was relieved. Just 'shady' stuff was good, it could have been anything it was better for a lot of people not knowing the details. If they would start asking questions then Vex and Nex would be everything but pleased.
"Now, about the instructors: rest at ease. Nothing we'll do will be a long-term job, and it'll usually only take a night. And I know you're stealthy enough to not be seen leaving.", he said.
One night, if he really wanted to get into buisiness in that direction than just going there and doing some buisiness wasn't common, normally you stayed there for almost a month, dependend on how good you are until they knew something about you. What jobs you would be able to do and how well you listened to them. She looked down on her wrist and looked at the scars she still had, maybe it would end like that again, maybe, but for Cora it wasn't a problem but for Auth...probably.
However just staying there for a short time wasn't very likely, the moment they wanted to leave again the would probably stop them from doing so. It would probably end like that. Should she tell him?
Cora struggled. If she told him he would have time to prepare himself for staying with a lot of mercenaries for some time OR the worst thing for Cora he wouldn't even think about doing it then if he knew. And if she didn't tell him it would be a surprise for him and...dammit.
You could see in her expression that she was struggling to tell it.
The part about him wanting to get revenge was not important for Cora right now, she heard it but didn't listen.
She didn't really realize that he disappeared and didn't really notice it until she saw the paper on the ground. She picked it up and put it into her pocket.

While she walked back to the barracks she still thought about the little problem she was having.
Organisations working in this kind of buisiness weren't very likely to just take outsiders for doing their jobs. Maybe he had found one but Cora didn't know about any organisations doing that.
She already picture how their first meeting was going to end. At first they would look at them, inspect them, find out if they had already been at an organisation. That wasn't really a problem for Cora, Auth had, as far as she knew, never been in this buisiness.

She went into her room and didn't even look at her roommates. One opened her mouth to say something but one look was enough to stop her from asking any questions. She whispered something to the other girls and they disappeared.
She quickly changed into different clothes and took a look through the mirror at the two signs on her back, which showed her different organisations. Cora changed into a black tight sweater and put a black bandana into one of her pockets. Her hair was as always tied back into a ponytail and she wore a dark blue pair of jeans.
Cora put one plank away from its place and took the knives hid underneath. After she tested them for their sharpness, by simply making a small cut into her left arm, she put the knives into her boots and some other different places...for security, of course.
Three and a half hours left, she would just make it in time. One of her roommates came in again. Cora placed her hands on her shoulders.
"I've got to do some family buisiness...someone found my sister and my brother, I thought they were dead!", Cora cried and hugged her. "I have to see them, can you tell the others that I won't be here for a while, please? But make something up, I don't want them to know that I cried", she smiled and laughed, "Will you do that?"
"Oh...ok? I will, just go, I've never seen you that emotional...", she whispered and went away.
Cora stopped smiling and wiped away the tears. Emotional ha? Good thing she learned how to fake crying.
The girl wouldn't have any idea what to tell the others, that was for sure, she would hopefully tell them that Cora didn't want the others to know that she cried. And that would look...more like it was the actual truth.
Now...where to go now? Ah ok...that would be difficult, without a horse it would take her too long to get to Nedley, so stealing one? Deffinitly.
She jumped out of the window and sneaked to the stables. There was one horse whos porpuse was to bring people to nedley and back.
She sneaked into the stable and put a saddle on the horse. After that she herself got onto it and slowly got out. There was one way out of the training grounds where no guards were through a path in the forest. She ran through the forest until she reached the normal way to Nedlay.
After riding for nearly an hour she got to the main gates.
Meanwhile she had put on her bandana and black coat with a hood.
After the guards saw her they let her through easily and she put the horse aside.
It was dark outside perfect for meating Auth. She read the paper one last time and burned it in a torch nearby.
She got into a secret entrance to the black market and went from there to the point where she would meet him again. He didn't seem to be there yet. Good Cora had still some time to think about telling him or not.

//OOC: have fun reading the post, and I thought it would be more interesting for us to RP how they are stuck with them. If you don't want that then say it and Cora is wrong with her prediction :) (*hopes you don't get mad for changing the plot a bit*)
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyFri May 29, 2015 4:45 am

Auth headed off the training ground and to an inn in which he had a room. After wavering off through the crowd, making a few comments here and there, just so he wouldn't seem unnatural, he entered his room.

He quickly changed into his "business" attire: a tight-fitting leather armour, crafted in order not to hinder the wearer's movements at all. Then he started fitting knives in the holsters embedded into the armour, at the wrists, on the legs, near the neck... The whole process took about ten full minutes, but he now had a good thirty thin and sharp knives, fitted for both fighting and throwing.

He holstered two bladed flintlocks, fully loaded, then put his cloak on. It was a two-layer cloth one, but modified so that it contained thin steel wires along the inside. This would give it also more protection potential, as well as enabling it's use as snaring device.

"Man, is it good to have the funds for all this sort of stuff." he hummed to himself. Putting a black, featureless mask on and drawing his hood, Auth jumped off the window. The bartender at the inn had instructions to "not leave anyone to hinder his sleep", and he made sure not to be seen leaving.

On his way, Auth thought about the situation. Cora would be a welcome help, but even she didn't know what to expect this time. The actual business Auth had to tend to was very different from the normal stuff happening, but that would come later. Gaining trust came first. And that's exactly why he needed Cora: her experience was going to make this a lot easier, as he could turn the tables over, saying it was in fact him that's following Cora into this, not the other way around.

As he closed in to the meeting point, he observed one figure standing there. It was obvious who it was, by the way she stood as if she was home. Auth quickly noted that he really should at some point in time look more closely into Cora's past, then approached her. Not saying anything, he gestured her a bit more into the alleyway, as to blend more easily with the shadows. After all, meeting places weren't known to be chosen due their ability of not being spotted.

//OOC: had fun reading that post, minus my grammar-nazi tendencies. Also, your idea is really nice, and playing right into what I had originally planned. Only, now the plot twists get more twisty. Which is good. But I'll make the "stuck" part later, as to set up anticipation and so on. You know, narrative techniques 101.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyFri May 29, 2015 5:24 am

Cora waited for Auth, she was 15 minutes too early.
She told Nec and Vex in her head about the problem, unlike most of the people believed Nec and Vex didn't know what Cora thought, like every other person, too.

Now you know what my problem is.

Humans are difficult...if you don't tell him...maybe he won't trust you anymore.
That would mean he trusted me in the first place.
And noone trusts you anymore when they know about us.
Excactly, now...
In my opinion telling him would only cause trouble, imagine his face when he finds out that he is stuck with a bunch of mercenaries!

Vex giggled inside her head and Cora smiled under her bandana, she would never admit it but Vex's point of view amused her and they often shared the same opinion.

Indeed Vex indeed, I think I won't tell him.
That's good, listen to me, listen to me!
I think we should tell him something about us...just the thing with the signs.
Okay Nec, I will do that.

As she saw Auth approaching her she inspected him closely. She could see some bulges, a sign, that he had some hidden knives. While she oberved him closer she saw more small bulges. If he had that many knives, there had to be even more. It was hard, even for a well-trained eye to see the knives, but Cora was used to it. She leaned a bit to the right to feel if her favourite knife was still at its place.
He gestured her in the alleyway and she followed him, her clothing was dark enough to blend in with shadows, but bright enough to not attract attention if she wasn't in a dark place.
Cora looked at him and sighed, "One thing first, they will definitly check if we've already been in this buisiness. You can't make that up, they will force us to show them our backs, the normal place where groups put their signs. That means plus points for me and minus points for you."
She shivered inside at the thought of standing in front of a bunch of guys in only her underwear on her torso. But the look after they saw where she had been was the best.
"If you are in there do everything I do, one mistake wouldn't end so well for you!"
She looked at Auth with a questioning look in her eyes, "And now?", she whispered.

//OOC: I know...my english isn't so good...I hate grammar. Tell me if something's wrong, ok?
Ok being stuck later is probably for the better
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptySun May 31, 2015 9:38 pm

Auth listened to Cora's warning. Well, he in fact expected it, since this was the whole reason he talked to her. So, they'll check if he was already in business, eh? Good to know. He nodded towards Cora to show her he understood.

"Now we wait for..." He stopped, as he saw a man clad in Black Crow's garments come through the alley. "Well, him." Auth wondered if Cora ever saw a Black Crow before. Probably. It was interesting, as they were in total about five or so, but all pretended to be one person. This particular Black Crow was one of Auth's main information gatherers, and right now, he served as contact between them and the association they'd temporarily join.

Black Crow extended his arm with a dark letter, but Auth motioned him to hand it to Cora. She was the expert here after all. It was for the better if he started to show that form the very beginning.

//OOC: had a very bad case of writer's block, and I'm still recovering. I'm leaving the content of the letter to you, but it should be like a very simple, unimportant job. You know, the association testing them before they come in contact, as not to assume risks.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 5:09 am

Auth nodded, Cora hopped he really understood and did what she just told him.
"Now we wait for...", he said and Cora looked in the direction he was looking. Hey hadn't she already met someone dressed liked that?! She was sure that the clothing was the same but the person was different, he walked different. Now that she thought about it....Auth's walking was similar to the first one with that clothing.
Cora took the letter.

He respects you and your knowledge and experience, that is good and better for him.

She turned the letter around to see if there was any emblem from the organisation.
She raised her eyebrows as she finally found it...a fox...how...great. Cora looked at Auth estimating, "You've got some bad luck, fellow!", she whispered and opened it.
The letter was...blank. She sighed, went to a nearby torch and held it over it. Letters were beginning to show and Cora started to read it out loud.

"Get into the house of Kolbermoor and steal a bag out of his strongroom.
Get to the blackmarket entrance near the clocktower then.

Terms:
- don't kill anyone
- no corruptions
- don't open the bag"

Cora raised an eyebrow and then showed the letter to Auth.
"First lesson, you see the emblem? That's the group you want us to join. Always look out for such emblems they can mean everything. If you want to know more just say it, ok? The second thing is: you see the 'a bag' they want us to figure out what bag, obviously. Their emblem shows a fox so it probably is one made out of fox fur or with a fox on it.", she looked at him to see if he understood what she said.

//OOC: it's ok. Hope that's simple enough. If you don't have any ideas I have some when it comes to the 'stuck' part, the thing about the signs from merc groups on someone's back, and how they are getting welcomed and so on
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 2:57 am

Auth listened to the whole explanation carefully. It was, interesting, to say the least.

"So, what people now consider pure fiction in those cloak and dagger fictions is actually true..." Auth scratched his chin. "Now that's crafty, using a stereotyped way because it's considered to only be stereotype, and not true."

He actually meant all he said. Suddenly, he also started to realize Cora might as well be much more useful than he initially thought. And that said something, given he initially thought she'd be a great help.

"Kolbermoor, huh? I'm quite certain I do know both the location and layout of the place where we're supposed to go. If anything then, I do have just one question. From your experience, is it for the better or for the worst if I keep wondering how exactly do they know details so certain about the bag they want us to recover?"

He also motioned her to come towards where he had two horses already prepared. It was better if they talked while moving, as not to waste time. Now then... what connection might Kolbermoor have with the organization... Auth smirked to himself, as an interesting yet quite plausible hypothesis started forming in his head.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 6:22 am

Cora thought about what he said about fictions. "I've never read any book like that and it's a long time ago since I had one in my hands...", thirteen years ago was the last time she wasn't educated in fighting. But not in school, of course.

It's kinda funny...you grew up in an enviroment full of fighting and pain.
That's our sole porpuse of existing...besides...you too.
I lived three years on a farm, a normal peaceful life! I was thought reading, everything about plants and animals, riding,...
I still can't read! You should tell me how!
Oh shut up Vex, and Cora...I wouldn't call it normal, normal kids don't do that this early.

Cora nodded and got on the horse. She patted it on the neck and started riding slowly, she had an idea in what direction it was but not were excactly.

"Well...", Cora tried to find the right words, "You grew up in a different enviroment than us, you were thought to...", Cora faltered,"...think, question the things superior people say to find a better solution...just for the future: you can question everything you want, just don't say it. Telling your maste-", she stopped...dammit Cora thought she had stopped calling and thinking of them like that, "higher-ups that you don't like their idea is like calling them stupid. Unless you are a counselor you shouldn't do that. Back to your actual question: the ones that wanted to join them probably had the job to place it there, something like that. I'm certain the bag is originally theirs...I'm curious did you have an idea how they knew it?"

Cora looked up in the sky, it was quite a nice night until she heard that damn mosquito flying near her ear. She killed it and wiped the rest of it away. Gross...

Hey...can you two shut up for a moment telling Vex now how to read isn't a very good idea...please
Why?
Why?
Just. Shut. Up.

She shook her head, smiled at Auth and said: "You will, hopefully, never know how aweful it is to have a coldhearted asshole teaching a homocidal idiot how to read, will you two shut up for now? Or go somewhere else!", she hissed. Cora looked down and whispered, "If you do something wrong, I will protect you. If the others try to do something to you you definitly don't want, I will do it instead. Okay?"
Cora didn't want to lose someone who not seemed to be frightened of Nec and Vex, she would help him, no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 1:32 am

While riding, Auth listened to Cora explain him the answer to his question. He couldn't help it but notice how often she paused and rephrased, which was a sign of just how brainwashed were those young ones in the business. It certainly wasn't a nice place to live your childhood in.

He opened his mouth to answer her, but shut it back when she started to talk half to herself and half to him. How did he ever nearly forget her mental situation...?

"Thank you." he whispered back. "But if you're ever to get injured or badly hurt for protecting me, know that I will exterminate the whole organization responsible for it. And with my Military Police connections, that's not a bluff" He actually pitied her, and as tall and hardy as she was, it sometimes surfaced that she still was, in fact, not quite an adult yet. Auth felt like she'd be a person worth protecting, a person capable of furthering mankind's battle.

"Returning to the subject, I do have a theory as to how they're so certain about the bag, and I can tell you it's not as simple as they had someone place it there. Or, rather, not forcibly placing it there, but that's all I can tell you for now. Maybe later I'll explain it to to you."

Now that the house - almost a manor, in fact - started to come into view, it was better if Auth changed the subject of discussion back to the job. It wouldn't do to have Cora suffer a mental breakdown right now.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyWed Jun 03, 2015 9:41 am

Cora smiled under her bandana, "I will remind you of telling me.", she stopped smiling, looked down to her horse and petted it, "To the thing you said before...I'm almost immune to pain and recovered from some injuries a lot of people wouldn't have survived. If they inspect our backs, you will see mine and understand more about my...about Nec and Vex.", she looked at him but then quickly back on her horse, as if she was afraid of him thinking something about her she didn't want to, "And if you are afraid of me losing control of those two, like back then when I had that little cut. As long as I don't get drunk, hurt and see a corpse all together within half an hour I don't lose control over them."
Cora shook her head, she talked a lot today, but when he would be her partner for the upcoming time, she didn't want him to make any mistakes. Wether by doing something wrong or by thinking something wrong.

Cora looked at the house. five, six...no wait nine people. Two at the main entrance, Three on the front side of the roof, two on the right and two on the left. She then looked on the possibilities to enter the house, there was one window in the basement leading into the house.
"We will go over the window in the basement, it's open, what happens to the horses?", she asked and dismounted from her horse. Cora looked around to find the best way to get in.
They couldn't take out the two on the front door, but by their look on their face they were really tired. She looked on a clock on a nearby house, five minutes until the next full hour. There had to be a change of guards, the best way to get in.
"We will wait for a short time until the change of guards. Normally guards always come a bit late, but they leave early, time to slip into."

Cora grinned as she heard him whisper, "Well...when they will inspect us if we've already been with some groups you will see my whole back, I'm almost immune to pain. That one time I had that little cut on my arm...it was just because I was drunk, and I Nec and Vex were bored and stuff like this. I seldom use control of the other Is.", she didn't respond to the military police. Cora was just...confused and honored to hear him saying that. She smiled under her bandana and was glad he couldn't see it.
She nodded, "I will remember you of telling it to me.", he trusted her and now she felt really bad for not telling him
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 am

Auth dismounted his horse while taking careful notes of what Cora described about his behavior. He noticed tangentially how his mind already got into "serious business" mode and started to ponder every small action.

He took both horses and went with them a bit to the side, just out of plain view, then merely left them there. "Don't worry, they're trained to wait in the exact same spot you left them" he said Cora, not actually paying any mind to it. He was studying the place, and was now remembering in quite high detail the he knew the layout of this place from the times he visited on father's business. And he began to plan the way of getting to the strongroom.

"First, the strongroom is at the topmost level of this place, and that basement window is always open. It leads to a locked and flooded basement, so it's a dead end for us" He studied the side architecture of the walls. "When the guard shifts, I will be able to scale that wall over there" He pointed said wall. "It should lead me about three metres away from our target, but there remains the problem of entering the room. Are you able to pick a lock fast enough?"

Without waiting for the answer, as that would eventually come later, he continued to think aloud. "If you are, all's well. I'll enter for the bag and you'll guard the entrance, then we leave the same way we got in. No one will pay any mind to us leaving, as they will only look in the farther distance. If you cannot pick the lock, then we'll have to steal the key to the place too. There should be at least one copy of it, likely in the dormitory." He finally paused. Auth wasn't certain about how fast could Cora get up, as the wall he planned to climb would be a pretty challenging endeavor for someone not trained to climb these things, like he was. It wouldn't matter though, as he'd be able to easily help her up once he himself got there.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 3:23 am

Cora was surprised. How did he knew all of this? Did he try it before? Unlikely. She would ask him later.
And lockpicking, she had never been good at it, never, she didn't understand it, she couldn't see when she had to do what and in the dark it was even better.
She looked at the guards yawning and getting up to leave.
As she couldn't see them anymore she ran towards the wall and jumped as high up as she could. She hang there for a second and then started to climb it up, for now, it was easy. As she was up on the wall she laid down and waved Auth to come. Cora looked around and, hopefully, found the said door.
The look in her eyes changed. She looked around, jumped off the wall and waited behind some bushes.
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:20 am

//OOC: ... uh, huh? From your earlier post, I understood that there were no fence-like walls around the house. And even if there were, you shouldn't be able to see the door form there. OR from the roof, for that matter. It might be my fault, as I didn't mention that I was thinking of Auth entering through a window. Right now, there are two choices: you can either explain to me exactly what you meant in your post, or we can totally ignore it and let me take the lead. Either way is fine with me.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 4:28 am

//OOC: I will explain it, I'm so bad at explaining, I thought of Cora being on the wall, like lying on the wall. I think I misunderstood the wall you meant, I thought of a wall, like a fence made of stone or something. You probably meant the walls of a house. Wanna take the lead insted? Or just let it be?
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 6:00 am

//OOC: Both. The house has both the fences Cora just jumped, and the wall Auth aimed to scale.

Auth quickly followed Cora on the other side of the other wall. He looked around for the guards, but it seemed like they still had some time before they got here. Perfect.

He silently ran up to the side of the building and started climbing. The ledges to grab on were few and the goal was high, but he managed to get there quickly and silently enough. Now for the hard part. He clung to the edge of the window with one hand and drew a knife with the other. He struck it through the gap between the wood of the window frame and stone of the wall, then fiddled with it around in order to get the small iron bar blocking the damned thing shut. Once he found said bar, he quickly raised it, then used the dagger to pry the window open just a creak.

Auth sheathed the dagger and changed his grip while opening the window from the outside. It wasn't his first time doing so, but he still felt slight creeps, given the fact he merely clung with the fingertips to a moving object. As soon as the window was open wide enough for him to get through, he jumped inside. After checking for any guards, and letting out a sigh of relief to their absence, he motioned towards Cora to come as well. She should be able to get up, now that he managed to get that damned window open.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 7:22 am

//OOC: now I get it, next time we just take a picture from a house :P
Cora watched Auth opening the window, she was glad he did it, because she would just have shattered it. As he was in a guard passed her but didn't notice anything. He walked away and disappeared into the night.
Cora looked up to Auth and ran towards the wall jumped up and started climbing. She was nearly up as she lost her balance and her foot sliped of the wall, some stones fell down. Cora quickly found her balance again and climbed into the window. She sighed and looked around. Only two doors, she quickly tested if they could be opened. One could and the other one couldn't. Also the one that was locked looked more stable, probably the strongroom.
Cora turned around and looked at Auth.
"I'm going to let Nec do that.", her voice changed mid sentence, "Because Cora can't pick locks."
She turned around and started picking the lock, it took about three minutes until the door swung open and Nec looked inside. The strongroom, a lot of bags were in there.
"Have fun finding it!", she said. No expression on her face, "I will stand guard."
Back to top Go down
Herdir

Herdir

Character sheet
Stats:

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 8:04 am

Auth watched the corridors while Cora... no, Nec picked the lock. As soon as she - he? - finished, Auth slithered into the room. He began methodically scanning it for anything bearing the slightest resemblance to a fox.

Quite ironically, it wasn't a fox his attention was drawn to, but a shimmer of silver. The specific strange fact about it was that it was the only metal thing on the outside of the great wooden coffers in the room. Upon closer inspection, he noticed the image of a wasp etched into it. He grinned, then as he realized the craftiness of the endeavor, grinned even wider. The fox was meant as a symbol for thief; the coin was meant as the thing to steal; the wasp was a message only him would understand.

Thus, he quickly pocketed the token, then the single bag right next to it. He barely managed to hold himself from chuckling, knowing how right he was about the way that bag ended up there, and exited the room. He shown the bag to Cora - or Nec, whichever was there now - then hid it in his cloak. Now, for the grand escape...

And given the number of guards was starting to go up again, it looked like it was going to be quite fun, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)   Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence) Empty

Back to top Go down

Shady Business (closed; PM for entry; Violence)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next