Attack on Titan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Role Play based on the anime Attack On Titan

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The forum is currently dead. Revival depends on the main admins, who are currently completely out of reach. - William
Account Switch
Switch Accounts

Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:47 pm
Short Story
Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by Titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest Titans. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a Titan in over 100 years. Until that day.....
Click pictureaot
Manga
Here are some helpful links if you want to read the manga.
Dr. Chalice Geist Attack10
Live Action Movie 2015-08

Dr. Chalice Geist

Go down 
+3
cornix
Connor_Graham
Nerdeity
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Geist

Dr. Geist

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Scouting Legion

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 9:01 am

DR. CHALICE GEIST
*Disclaimer: All artwork of this character was made by me specifically for use on this forum. As such, please do not copy, redistribute, 'borrow' or faceclaim elsewhere. Thank you!

Name: Dr. Chalice Geist (pronunciation: Chah-lees Gaist)
Nickname: Inadvisable. May be referred to as Chal, at a push.
Sexuality: Asexual; Widowed

PERSONALITY
Once an openly kind, warm and vivacious woman, the personal devastation she suffered during the siege on Shiganshina bore an irreparable hole in her heart and cracked a seam in her psyche. Chalice has a dark and dry, if nonexistent sense of humor and presents herself as cold, distant and deathly severe - much to the fright of young recruits requiring healthcare. However, she is intensely devoted to her duties on the field and her care for the wounded, yet has also proven to have little regard for her own life. If not for her duties to others, she may have ended it on the battlefield long ago. Despite her brusque attitude, she is a proper lady in manner and is highly articulate; carrying her voice well in a proud, sharp contralto. She is never one to mutter, but has a surprisingly ferocious bellow when her temper is triggered or she is speaking in combat, and tends to scream as she delivers blows - a fault which may attract Titans to her position. If Chalice is laughing or smiling, it is usually cause for concern. She will rarely socialize with other soldiers unless approached, but is loyal and empathetic to those who have earned her favor and  proven their intellect.

COMBAT BEHAVIOUR:
Given her duties, Dr. Geist does not engage Titans unless emergency requires it. She will provide support for Killing Blows if necessary and otherwise keeps her distance to scout for fallen soldiers - to take them to safety or perform mercy kills on the fatally wounded. When forced to engage a Titan or in attempt to cut a soldier from its belly, Chalice displays a sudden savagery and loss of temper that does not befit a soldier; a shrieking mess of spinning blades. Despite the appearance of blind savagery, with her medical training, she knows every anatomical weak point on a Titan (or human) body and which muscles to sever - making her useful to allow more prominent soldiers to deliver a coup de grace to her victim. As she was so late in age to join the corps, she is slightly ungainly in 3DMG compared to other soldiers and is more prone to shrugging off blows than dodging them; her attacks, while quite powerful, lack elegance and finesse and requires more training.

PHYSICAL TRAITS  

Group: Survey Corps
Job: Field Medic, Infirmary Surgeon
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 172lbs
Hair Color/Length: A rare copper red, hip-length
Eye Color: Olive Green

Appearance: Chalice is an intimidating woman for her stern and occasionally unsettling demeanor. She is visibly strong; even able to lift taller and heavier male soldiers unaided with the correct technique. The medic is broad shouldered, with muscled arms and supple thighs; yet her slender hands, lengthy nails and facial features are quite feminine in contrast; speaking of a time before her personal war on Titans. Her brows are sharp and perpetually angered. Her nose is pointed and upturned, while her mouth is small and petulant - yet becomes surprisingly wide should she grin in her worrying way. She requires spectacles and as such, wears goggles in combat instead of her tinted Pince-Nez. Chalice's fiery red hair and pale, freckled skin are often admired for their rarity among the last lines humankind, and in answer she seems to take personal pride in keeping her hair long and maintained; the last remnants of her ego. While worn loose or plaited in civilian clothing, it is tied back in a neat spiraling bun to avoid becoming a liability during combat. Her uniform differs in having a medical cross on each arm and darker leather epaulets on each shoulder. She inverts the collar of her jacket, and wears a surgical vest beneath it.
Dr. Chalice Geist Chalforum

STATS
Toughness - 9
Intellect - 22
Dexterity - 4

CHARACTER INFORMATION

Research: Chalice has become keenly interested in the study of Titan behaviour, anatomy and origin; almost obsessive when it comes to theorizing the nature of Titan Shifters. Her sparse free time at the barracks is most often spent compiling thoughts and findings. She has even dabbled in attempts at designing traps and defensive weapons for the Walls.

Tea: One of few mundane things Chalice still takes pleasure in. She loves tea of all kinds and will sample and collect different kinds from throughout the Districts, and will even traverse the Black Market for rare favorites. Making tea for another is her foremost method of bonding, and is the finest way to deliver a peace offering to her after a shot temper.

Equestrianism: Chalice seems to warm to the company of all creatures somewhat better than humans, but she demonstrates a special kinship with horses. Where she falls short in 3DMG, the medic is an exceptional rider from a lifetime of hobby riding and travelling beyond the wall. There are few normal titans and fellow soldiers she cannot outrun and outmaneuver on her own horse. She is quick to advise and correct her fellows - and even superiors, on poor horsemanship.

Singing: While she is better known for screeching on the battlefield, one can hear a completely different tune while she works in the Infirmary. An odd surprise from such an unpalatable woman, Chalice has a heavenly operatic singing voice; despite her audience usually consisting of comatose soldiers and the dead.

DISLIKES:

Socializing: Chalice loathes the company of others and would rather attend to a perforated bowel than make small talk. The age gap between her and many new recruits makes bonding all the more difficult.There are some exceptions among like-minded individuals however; For instance, Hanji Zoe's shared interest in Titan experimentation would easily spark some kinship.

Incompetence: Chalice is severely critical of herself to a maddening degree. Her temper is easily flared by failure, yet it also spurns her on to succeed. She may never have mastered 3D Maneuver gear without this mindset. However, she is also quick to judge and criticize others' shortcomings.

Filth and disorganization: It is no surprise that a surgeon would find a lack of hygiene abhorrent. However, her unscrupulous demands for a clean infirmary easily extends to the rest of the barracks and beyond. She shows signs of compulsion when it comes to cleanliness, symmetry, alphabetical and numerical organization.

Heat: Given her fair complexion, Chalice detests sunny weather. She is prone to burns and heatstroke and a merciful commander ought to leave her to duties in the Medical Bay during the peak of Summer.

FEARS:

Failure: Losing patients, contributing to the failure of missions and disappointing superiors are among the doctor's highest anxieties. As one of few medical staff available to the Scout Regiment, Chalice takes her duties and the consequences of shortcomings with grave severity.

3DMG Defects: After witnessing a horrendous crash caused by the mechanical fault of a fellow trainee's 3DMG, Chalice's already fragile confidence with the device was shaken. She is perhaps more frightened of falling to her death than being devoured.

No Afterlife: Chalice seems ambivalent to the thought of dying; what truly frightens her is racing toward her demise with no one to meet her on the other side.

MOTIVATIONS
Chalice intends to serve Humanity in the most efficient way she can and believes the Scouting Legion needs her talents and services more than any other. It is also the most dangerous faction - Dr. Geist may feel her own life is over, but it does not mean she would surrender it without cause and honor and considers a death on the field to be a satisfactory one. However, the more Titans she encounters, the more curious she has become of their habits and nature; new ambitions to uncover the secrets of their nature to better overcome them are blooming and rejuvenating her will to exist.
CHARACTER HISTORY
During the blissful century of Humanity's peace, Chalice and her husband Heironymus ran a small but successful surgical practice in the Shiganshina District. It was not uncommon for the pair to alternate in making supply trips to the villages that bravely dotted the land outside the Wall, providing medical care to those unable to travel to the cities. As both were surgeons as opposed to general doctors, the couple sometimes sought the advice and purchased medical supplies from other medical practitioners in different fields, including one Dr. Jaeger, when paths crossed. They traded free medical attention for supplies and equipment during difficult times, which grew by the year. One morning after an excursion to Quinta, Dr. Geist returned to find Shiganshina, and her clinic, in ruins. Distraught beyond sanity, Chalice spent hours digging through the rubble of the practice for her partner, even as the living begged for her help. In the days to follow, Dr. Geist listlessly lent her services to the refugee camps made for survivors who had lost their homes; her own hands still raw and bloody from tearing through broken rock and splintered wood. Having never found Heiro's body for closure and proper burial, she swung between delusional hope of survival and endless despair until grief finally swallowed her whole and spat out the shell. One dismal morning, watching a shameful and bloodied trail of the Scouting Legion return home, it occurred to Chalice that tending to civilians only served to fatten the next wave of Titans. These men and women were the ones who truly required aid; serving Humanity so far from civilization; surely some of those men in those wagons died on their way here when they needn't have. Her love lost, her clinic destroyed, Dr. Geist had only the continuation of Humanity to care for, and she resigned herself to the Survey Corps that same day. Dr. Geist's presence at The Castle made room for a Infirmary in one of its many barren atriums. Most of her time is spent here, but she will accompany the troops on missions to remove the injured from the fray and treat the critically wounded en route when returning to HQ.

Extras:N/A

Last edited by Dr. Geist on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nerdeity

Nerdeity

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptySat Jun 13, 2015 2:23 am

Wow. I'm not a mod, but your app is wonderful. Art is pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
Connor_Graham

Connor_Graham

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 5:58 pm

I am just blown away by this app. O.O Fantastic art too. Overall I can't wait to see her in action :D
Back to top Go down
Nerdeity

Nerdeity

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyTue Jun 16, 2015 11:43 pm

I just noticed this. You have 36 stat points, but you need to have 35.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Geist

Dr. Geist

Character sheet
Stats:

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 2:35 am

Aah gosh, thank you both! I love what I've seen of both your characters so far (sweet app, Connor! :D reading his backstory had my whole attention and explained every aspect of the character so well) and I can't wait to meet them and come help get things kicking around here <3

Oop, thanks Nerdeity, I must have misplaced a point during a previous edit. - fixed!
Back to top Go down
Nerdeity

Nerdeity

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 3:06 am

No problem Doctor. I can't wait for a mod to approve your app. Really good character. I just wonder how she will react when she finds out Severin is a Shifter.
Back to top Go down
cornix

cornix

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Rookie

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 7:24 am

Love you app! A different and interesting character, can't wait for Cora to meet her.
Back to top Go down
Sebastian M.

Sebastian M.

Character sheet
Stats:

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 10:43 am

Since i am a mod I can approve this however if you look at the someone had to say it app you might want to transfer your character there as the site here well...it's pretty much dying
Back to top Go down
Dr. Geist

Dr. Geist

Character sheet
Stats:

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Sebastian M. wrote:
Since i am a mod I can approve this however if you look at the someone had to  say it app you might want to transfer your character there as the site here well...it's pretty much dying

An activity problem isn't forever. Expect a dry spell until the next season begins; I'm sure you'll have a population boom when it comes, but that'll only happen if new players can see its still alive by then. There's only one way to ensure that.

The players who remain are friendly and willing, and I'm quite happy to try for that. I'd be delighted for an approval.

However, for curiosity's sake and perhaps for future, what site do you mean? I can't find anything on the site or off.
Back to top Go down
Asrael Chieferti

Asrael Chieferti

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Military Police

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 11:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Nerdeity

Nerdeity

Character sheet
Stats:
*:

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyWed Jun 17, 2015 11:55 pm

Your app is approved, Geist. It was by Seb. He said the same thing to Graham: "approved but waiting for the other AoT site is recommended." For some reason he just worded it weirdly for you.
Back to top Go down
Majin Vegeta
Admin
Majin Vegeta

Character sheet
Stats:
*: Trainee

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 11:00 pm

Gotcha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dr. Chalice Geist Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dr. Chalice Geist   Dr. Chalice Geist Empty

Back to top Go down

Dr. Chalice Geist
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Attack on Titan :: Character Development :: Approved Characters :: Females-
Jump to: